Good days and learning to be a better friend

Dear friends,
Today has been a good day, a few good days actually, I've: taken my meds consistantly, went to the gym (the first time in a long time), had a brainstorm/action plan evening with the girls (blog regulars Hannah and Cerri) and saw my lovely friend Martha (hello!) and met her beautiful daughter Pip. Isn't she so cute? Yeah it's been good and positive.

The subject of friendship has been on my mind lately, particularly mistakes I made in the past, with being not the greatest of friend. I won't go too much into it, as there are two sides to everything, but I had a solid bunch of friends a few years ago. I got pretty selfish, using my mental health as a bit of a crutch, where I just stopped trying. Directly resulting in no contact with several people. A situation that broke my heart and still does at times. Knowing that I missed: births, weddings and even hair colour changes.

However it was something I definitely learnt a hard lesson from. A kick up the butt. Although that situation is unsolvable - I'm not. Over the past few years I changed for the better, making new friendships that I wouldn't trade for the world, able to look back at better times with fondness instead of shame and understanding that I'm not a bad person at all.

What I'm trying to say, in a super inarticulate way, is that making mistakes is ok. Just remember that when you're struggling to climb aboard a raft - make sure that someone you care about isn't drowning. I think I'm getting there.

As always,
Love Mavis
Xx

1 comment:

  1. Always love reading your blogs hun u have a real talent and should be proud she loved u I mentioned your name when u guys left and she smiled . Made me sad as I miss u so much your a real sweetheart love u tons never forget always hear keep smiling don’t ever let the depression dog over cloud you teach it who’s boss and I’m super proud of u babe I struggle too pm me anytime xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

copyright © . all rights reserved. designed by Color and Code

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com