50 Facts About Me

Dear friends,

Sorry this letter is late, I’ve had a pretty bad infection the past few days and I’ve basically been hibernating. I’m still not 100% but better enough to work a shift tonight and to write a letter to you. During my time away I had a thought, dangerous I know, that we are 10 blog posts in and we don’t really know each other that well. This – as you can probably guess – is why this post is named “50 things about me”. So here we go...

  1. My real name is Hannah Cowell – Mavis is a childhood nickname.
  2. I’m named after my paternal great-grandmother.
  3. I’m the youngest of seven children.
  4. My sister Charlotte & brother Sam are my first and my oldest best friends.
  5. I didn’t meet one of my siblings until I was fourteen – one of the best days of my life.
  6. My father died when I was 11 – the worst day of my life.
  7. I don’t understand the appeal of lemon water – it’s disgusting!
  8. I identify as bisexual.
  9. I went to the University of the West of England (UWE) and took BA Media.
  10. Where I met my best friend Greg.
  11. I want to be a writer.
  12. I also dream of my own publishing company – the idea of finding new talent thrills me.
  13. I work in a bar – I love it and the crazy people that work there.
  14. I spent a short time in a psychiatric facility.
  15. Garden gnomes creep me out – I don’t trust them.
  16. Nuns on roller skates scare me (due to early exposure of the film Death Becomes Her).
  17. During London Olympics (the opening ceremony) nuns on roller skates made an appearance.
  18. I don’t follow a religion – but I do believe in god and an afterlife.
  19. I wrote a novel at the age of 12 – I received 24 rejection letters.
  20. I went through an emo phase and then an indie kid phase.
  21. I can touch the bottom of my nose with my tongue.
  22. I can also make a water drop sound with my cheek.
  23. My favourite flavour of ice cream is raspberry ripple.
  24. I used to work at Starbucks and became the sites “coffee master”.
  25. I want to retire in Vienna, Austria.
  26. I pretended to faint during an awkward first date.
  27. I have won one award in my life – it was for the best article in College.
  28. I spend most of the time on the internet: social media, freelance websites and YouTube.
  29. My favourite YouTubers are: Markiplier, Bucklyfe, Zoella, Dr Pimple Popper and ThatcherJoe.
  30. I know basic conversation in British Sign Language. I want to become certified in it.
  31. I also want to become fluent in German.
  32. I don’t drive.
  33. My mother/sister/stepmother are all very talented artists – I can only draw stickmen.
  34. I have a real problem with stationary –, particularly Paperchase notebooks. (Sponsor me!)
  35. It takes me a long time to trust people.
  36. My dream dinner party guests: Tim Gunn, Stephen Fry, Emma Thomas, Hugh Laurie and Helen Mirren.
  37. I regularly take myself to dinner.
  38. I have a very stereotypical English accent.
  39. The first band I saw live was The Prodigy.
  40. I’m a big fan of Panic at the Disco and The 1975.
  41. My favourite trip abroad was Paris, France where I went with my sister Charlotte.
  42. Two of my best friends (Hannah & Cerri) said they would pay for my ticket to Vienna If I destroyed my crocs.
  43. I did and we go to Austria at the end of 2018!
  44. The reason I start my letters as “Dear friends” is that I like to imagine we’re Pen Pals in real life. Maybe meeting once and exchanging email addresses.
  45. My dream holiday is visiting Egypt and going on a Nile Cruise.
  46. I believe in ghosts.
  47. I also believe in psychics – but know there are a lot of fakes out there.
  48. I write all my blog posts on the day of publishing.
  49. I’m completely clueless when it comes to website design. You can probably tell.
  50.  I have one reader from Peru – which I think is cool.
Anyway, that’s me, write in the comments some things about you and let’s start a conversation! You can also find me here for Instagram and here for Twitter. I’ll talk to you guys on Saturday!
Love always,
Mavis xoxo 

P.S I finally got round to watching The Greatest Showman and now I’m obsessed!! 

2 comments:

  1. 😘love your style of Wrighting so easy to read and very enjoyable few things there I Dident know about u I must say . I’m scared to watch it I got a feeling I don’t like it as u know my fears of masks faces and clowns 🤡. Keep up good work hun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Martha Moo, I really appreciate all your support and encouragement. I really miss you xx

      Delete

copyright © . all rights reserved. designed by Color and Code

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com