Monthly Favourites - May 2018

Dear Friends,

It feels like forever ago that I sent my last letter, although in actual fact it has only been a week, I have missed it and you. If you follow me on my social media, you can find the links to my Twitter and Instagram below, you will know that I took some time away for my mental health. A time I really need to recuperate - physically too exhausted to be anywhere but my bed. However, this new letter is not going to be about that, it's going to be about things I have really loved this month.

The first on the list is the movie The Martian, (adapted from the fantastic novel by Andy Weir) directed by Ridley Scott and starring Matt Damon. A rediscovered love that was available on Netflix for a short time. During a storm on the surface of Mars the crew of Ares lll, a few days into their mission, are forced to evacuate the area and head home. In the confusion astronaut Mark Watney is struck by debris and separated from the crew. With a reasonable belief that their friend is dead, with a heavy heart, the Ares lll crew leave Mars reluctantly. Shortly after NASA announces the unfortunate death of Watney. However, Mark wakes several hours later, injured but very much alive. With no way to contact Earth, a limited food supply and a lot of disco music, Watney must survive until rescued or the next mission to Mars. In short - the film is great it is tense/funny/smart/scary/dramatic all rolled into one. If you enjoy a good drama or Scifi - watch it! Or, like me, rediscover it.

To fill the void of The Martian being taken off Netflix, I searched through the website for something new, finding Love in the Moonlight. An 18 part Kdrama where a young woman has been forced to live as a man, who somehow manages to land herself in the palace of the King, posing as a eunuch during the first episode. If the truth is discovered she will be executed. I've binge-watched this series over the past week, it is genuinely funny (dramatic in later episodes) and I can't wait to see how it ends. 

Zoella, or Zoe Sugg, is one of the "heavyweight" Youtubers on the website. I've been a subscriber of her for a long time, but much like my rediscovery of The Martian, I've found comfort and entertainment in her vlogging channel. Although not a "traditional" daily vlogger, Zoe films a few days at a time, usually a week, and posts them as one video. I enjoy longer videos, so her long vlogs are definitely up my alley, where she talks about a number of topics. Sugg is someone I find it easy to admire, as a fellow sufferer of anxiety, she just keeps on going. Something that is more challenging than it sounds. If you haven't heard of Zoe (where have you been?!) I'll leave her links down below! I personally recommend her video "All the emotions".

As many of you know, I don't dress for the weight I am, deciding to buy clothes for when I'm thinner. Something I will be changing next month. One of the websites I've loved browsing is a website named Lonleyteez, a fashion site that stocks mainly t-shirts, hoodies, jumpers and a little bit of swimwear. It has a really great variety of styles, such as Americana, quotes, back to school, LGBT and many other collections. The company is something I've been following for a long time, the owner/designer/all-around boss lady is a personal friend of mine, so I've loved watching her empire grow. 

Find all links for my favourites below, all opinions are my own, remember to leave comments on what you guys have loved this month.

As always,
Love Mavis x

The Martian
The Martian DVD
The Martian Novel
Andy Weir Twitter
Ridley Scott Twitter

Love in the Moonlight
It's available on Netflix

Zoella
Vlogging Channel
Main Channel
Instagram
Twitter
Preorder Cordially Invited

Lonelyteez
Lonelyteez Wesbite
Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

copyright © . all rights reserved. designed by Color and Code

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com