A Weighty Problem

Dear Friends,

I’ve decided to write your letter outside today, it feels like summer has finally arrived in the UK, I’m sitting in the garden with a pint of water and eating dried apricots. Despite the beautiful weather I’m feeling a little nervous, even though I knew I’d have to approach this subject at some point, today I want to talk about my weight. Number 1 on my Grand to do List, which you can find here, is to reach my goal weight. At the moment I weigh 21stone 5lbs or 301lbs/136kg, which at 5’2 is nowhere close to what I should weigh for my height, which is certainly not the greatest of numbers.

I remember weighing myself in Boots, seeing the number, my stomach dropping and my cheeks burning red with embarrassment. I felt so ashamed, suddenly aware of how my body moved, realising what I had done to my small frame. I was numb from shock, wondering how I had let it get so far and feeling so scared by the work ahead of me. I could write thousands of excuses here but the reality is I did this to myself – no one else.
 
The fact of the matter is yes I am fat, that isn’t going to change overnight, not matter how hard I wish it to be different. It’s going to take a lot of: hard work, time and patience. It would be a lie to say I’m not daunted by that, because of course I am, but I’m ready to not be overweight anymore.
For now,
Love from
Mavis x
 
P.S Follow me on Instagram here or Twitter here

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

copyright © . all rights reserved. designed by Color and Code

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com